[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Exhibition Match on SHG

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 8 June 2019, at 6:15 p.m.

Tomorrow (Sunday, 6-9-19) at 11am PST, 2pm EST, 7pm GMT there will be an 11pt match between myself and the winner of the warpgammon Excalibur tournament, Douglas Doub. (screen name Mrfunnybunny) It will take place at Safe Harbor Games (SHG) in the Doubling Cube room.

If you come to watch and you want the match log saved for yourself which you can import directly to XG or GNU be sure to check the Match Log box in the upper left hand corner once you're viewing the table. I will also make it available here afterwards assuming no glitches.

On the right hand side of the board you will see various options for checker colors and board types. Personally on SHG I prefer the 2D board even though everywhere else I use 3D. I also think I prefer red and white checkers on the blue and cream board color though I haven't played there in years and this is all being done on the fly right now.

I've always found the SHG interface 'not user friendly' so if you're going to play there watch a match or two beforehand and get the settings of the board, checkers, features sorted out. You can't click on a point to make it, to move the lower die you have to right click instead of left click on the checker even if it's the only legal move with that checker, I would not leave the auto roll feature on (though I'm not entirely sure when/if it works) and the board won't go full screen so it's a bit tiresome to play on.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.