[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Hand of the Day #3

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2019, at 10:08 p.m.

Again, $1-$2 PLO but this hand no straddle. 8 players and I'm in the cutoff. I have everyone at the table covered sitting with $1,600. Limped to me and I limp with AJ66 single suited to the ace in spades. It limps around and 7 players go to the flop.

Pot: $14 Flop: Js 8d 3s

UTG leads out for $9 and gets called by one player in front of me. Now I have the choice of calling or raising. Flopping the nut flush draw with this hand is about all I could ask for. The bet of $9 into $14 in PLO isn't typically a sign of strength especially on such a wet board. This means if I raise now I could take it down now which is fine. I have top pair which isn't worth much in terms of hand strength but having the J blocker is a big deal so nobody likely has top set and will come over the top of me if I do raise. Lastly, raising what is essentially not the strongest hand disguises my holding. If my hand was an open ended straight draw and the nut flush draw for example I'd have no problem raising and getting it in even against a set but all I really have is a flush draw and some weird catch a jack or catch a six combos. I decide to raise to $50.

SB cold calls (scary or fishcake), original bettor folds, and one other player comes along. They are both sitting short now having less than a pot sized bet in front of them.

Pot: $173 Turn: Ks

Dream turn, I have the nuts. They both check to me so what's my action? Well, I kind of played my hand like I flopped a set and no matter what these guys have I almost don't care. The absolute worst case scenario if I give them a free river is one guy has a set and is therefore drawing to 9 outs or about 20%. If I bet it kind of plays my hand face up saying 'I got it' and I expect both to fold, maybe even fold if they have a weaker flush. I decide to give the free river assuming the board won't pair then a weaker flush may bet or a busted hand may bluff at it.

Pot $173 River: 2h Board: Js 8d 3s Ks 2h

The river bricked as I hoped it would and the second player shoves his remaining stack ($136) in. I call, he shows 469T no spades, busted draw. He took the bait I had flopped a set and thought he could represent a flush and buy the pot on the river.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.