[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A Christmas present to the USBGF Backgammon Federation!

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Monday, 9 December 2019, at 5:38 p.m.

Hi!

A new section on Backgammon Studio! :-)

Youtube matches

I have always found searching for match videos on Youtube to be rubbish as I always end up with a truckload of completely unrelated videos. Wrong players even it I specify them in the search, wrong year and so on. Now there may be a fix for that (maybe..)!

You can list videos with thumbnails or as a list:

If a match if found in the database the title switches to a button.

It may be that the match exists in the database but the youtube link has't been linked up to the match yet. This where 'Find matchups' come in handy. Click on it and you can see all matches between the two players that is found in the database:

The server will try to get the player names from the title but sometimes that is difficult:

There can be various reasons why it can't locate the name but if the match exists in the database it will link it up with a button anyway.

You can search through the list of videos with the search button:

And you can rip off the gift paper right now and start playing with it!

Is it useful? Hard to tell.. Play around with it and throw it away when you're done! :-)

Can it be improved in order to make it even more useful? Perhaps. I'm open for ideas!

Currently only USBGF Youtube channel is supported (hence the gift theme..) but I guess it can't be ruled out that other channels can be added later. I also wanted to make it completely dynamic but that turned out to be impossible on a limited budget.

In other news

Last week Christian Munk-Christensen asked about a short bearoff cube training track. Easy to add but I had already just added another track so this one had to wait a bit...

There is also another training track 'Missed!' I added last week:

The number of matches in the database also reached a pretty sweet milestone of 14000 matches the other day.

Is anybody eager to take over the job of collecting transcribed matches? Don't hesitate to let me know!

Got any feedback on things you like/don't like? Email me on terjepe@gmail.com and I will be all ears!

Backgammon Studio The Swiss Army knife of backgammon!

heroes.backgammonstudio.com The Rolls Royce of online backgammon! And "The best BG site ever!" - reasonably satisfied user...

Merry Christmas!

Best regards,
TP

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.