[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BGBlitz 2.9.0 is ready for download!

Posted By: Frank Berger
Date: Sunday, 29 December 2019, at 6:01 p.m.

Dear Backgammon lovers

BGBlitz 2.9.0 is available. After nearly 4 years a new version is available and no, I wasn't lazy.

About 35 new features. ====================== Finally: a match analyzer. As always I try to make BGBlitz very convenient to use. You can use the analyzer after a game, drag & drop a match on BGBlitz, from the menu, from a DailyGammon-URL or during match conversion to BGBlitz or HTML-format.

A new AI, with more specialized nets. Not the one that won at the 2016 Computer Olympiad but a slightly improved one.

BGBlitz scales better on many core CPUs. With 12 cores, depending on the CPU, it might be up to 80% more positions evaluated per second!

I added a dialog box that shows "Early/Late-Doubling" values and the "Doubling Strategy Dialog" supports now cubeful values and adjustable cube liveness values.

For the "dice are cheating" believers I added the possibility to add a Groovy based random number generator and a dice history and preview display in the style of a Jetfighter HUD ;) Surely it wont help against conspiracy die hards. pic of the HUD

I added support for XG and Safe Harbour games files.

I added some new look & feels and because it's my favorite I made "Substance Graphite Aqua" the default on Windows and Linux. Because some look more modern (i.e. flat), I added the possibility to choose a flat icon set. pic of modern icons

I added some of my favorite themes from Debbie Curtis. Some may have noticed that her website was offline. This has the very sad reason that Debbie passed away. Her brother allowed me to make her themes available to the BGBlitz users.

another thirty features

Several usability improvements. Most notably ============================================ the Real Time Tutor got several improvements requested by users

high-resolution displays and multi monitor environments are better supported. Because I have only a couple of devices, feedback is appreciated.

if not all dices could be moved the ones not possible to move are greyed out

You could install themes by Drag & Drop.

about 35 more improvements

about 80 bugs are fixed, fortunately only a handful serious ones. The funniest one: the linear congruence random number generator produced every 660 Million rolls a 7!

Many thanks to all that helped me.

Just download the free version from https://www.bgblitz.com.

If you use MacOS Catalina (10.15) please see the instructions on the installation page.

I hope you enjoy the new version. I always glad getting some feedback. If you find some errors or quirks please drop me an email.

best Frank

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.