[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A gift that keeps on giving...

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Monday, 6 January 2020, at 3:41 p.m.

Hi!

Happy New Year!

I have brushed up the initial version of the Youtube matches section on my server:

Now with more features! Notice the small + sign in the bottom right corner of some of the videos. If you spot a video where you have the match transcription already you can click on the button and upload the match:

Earlier you had to manually enter the information which involved a lot of copy&paste which is rather tedious. Now these are filled in automatically so all you need to do is to click on the Browse button to add the match file.

If you don't have the match file submitting this dialog will add this video to the match video transcription section.

Here you see one video which has been added to the match transcription section while another one has been submitted with the match file.

Start collecting hearts! :-)

So what can this section be used for?

- Browse Youtube backgammon matches without all the junk of unrelated videos.

- Search for Youtube matches where you or others have played and check if the match is in the database or not (again without all the junk).

- Coordinate match transcriptions in a simple and elegant manner (Not sure if that is time consuming today?).

- With one click find all matchups between two players.

- You can even watch the Youtube videos directly from this section! :-)

Backgammon Studio The Swiss Army knife of backgammon!

Best regards,
TP

PS. I have set up an automatic update from Youtube of this section once per day but it is too early to tell if that works well or not yet.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.