[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Digigammon -- automated transcription

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 20 June 2023, at 6:16 p.m.

I've been interested in the Digigammon project (https://www.digigammon.com/). For $1000, you can purchase a license to their software that will automatically transcribe a match from a video file, provided you also use their clock app on a Windows touch screen tablet computer.

On one hand, this is fairly expensive, but then I considered how this could be worth it to me if I can use it on enough matches. Manual transcription is annoying and time-consuming. I have to consider my time to be worth something.

My impression is that Digigammon is an impressive feat of programming.

I emailed the Digigammon team to ask a few questions. The one important question I asked was: "Can the Digigammon license be transferred to a different machine?"

XG provides this feature. XG has an "Activation Manager" where you can transfer your license to a different machine. When you do so, the machine you transferred the license from cannot use XG for some time (I don't remember, it's 24 or 48 hours). It's a perfectly cromulent system, and the restrictions are very reasonable.

The answer from the Digigammon team was: No, you cannot transfer the license to a new machine.

I am a little disgruntled with this answer, to the point where I think this is a deal breaker for me. Computers die, that's perfectly normal. I recently had a desktop computer die, and I seamlessly transferred my XG license to the new computer I bought. With the Digigammon rules, if a computer running Digigammon dies, that's it. I have to completely repurchase the license.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting to be able to transfer a Digigammon license to a new machine?

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.