[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why are the crappy books easy to get?

Posted By: OpenWheel
Date: Wednesday, 12 July 2023, at 1:39 a.m.

I've been trying to find a copy to buy of "What's Your Game Plan?" Scarce as hen's teeth. There aren't even people marking it way up and selling like they do for Robertie's Advanced Backgammon.

So I went inter-library loan. Trouble is I won't be allowed to renew it and about all Ill have time for is one read thru. Bummer... I am enjoying it and learning so far. I have Mr. Storers two Praxis Vols and they'll be next. At least they are still available and don't fit my 'good stuff is always out of print' theme here. (I'd like Modern Backgammon, but have given up on that, along with given up on finding Kit's first cube encyclo Vol. 1 .

But I can find copies to buy of Bruce Becker's Backgammon for Blood... In fact I do have a copy in storage. Maybe I'll mark it way up and sell it! I bought it about 1978 as a kid. My fledgling game never recovered as you know from my posts.

I wish BG authors self published. The good books are usually out of print, the bad ones are always available by the dozens for 2 bucks.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.