[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Exploiting a weak opponent in chess

Posted By: Frank Berger
Date: Thursday, 28 September 2023, at 2:19 p.m.

In Response To: Exploiting a weak opponent in chess (Timothy Chow)

The book is a great read and Tinsley is absolute fascinating. Roeder in his recent book "Seven Games: A Human History" tells how the story goes on. And BG, chess, Go are under the other games. Really interesting even Poker and Bridge that I don't like and Scrabble what I hate is interesting. Highly recomended.

A more practical book (that I don't find right now, same as Roeder, I have to sort my books again) was from Simon Webb: chess for tiger, that enlightens on the psycological stuff. IIRC one central advice was to try for complicate positions as weaker player because the elephant might stumble, in average situations he will win. Funny because in BG the advice would be opposite :)

I really find this a fascinating topic, but till now the hurdle was to define: "what is diffcult!" In a bot vs. human competition it would pay off to sacrifice a little equity (For humans I guess it's too difficult to calculate)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.