[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why we love the game.

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Sunday, 13 July 2008, at 5:59 p.m.

Seems like I'm always on the receiving end of these sorts of matches so it was nice to be the victor in one yesterday. In the finals of the Houston monthly I was getting seriously kicked 4-8/9 post-Crawford when we reached this lovely position.

Match to 9, White leads 8 to 4
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

I figured I was toast for the match, but, of course, the opponent rolled a 1-x and I hit. Then I slotted everything in sight (2,3,7,8) and, with a fortuitous 3-1 entry by the opponent, managed to eventually collect all three of his checkers and make it 6-8/9.

Again, the next game, I'm not looking so good as he is in the position below, holding my early 2-cube. Well, naturally, he rolls a 5-2 and I hit him. I ultimately can only get the one checker to the roof but close him out with spares on 4, 5, and 6. I roll 6-2, followed by 6-6, 5-5, 3-3 while he dances a couple of rolls and then rolls some small numbers. It ended with me with a single checker left and him with the checker on his 10. He rolled 3-1 giving me a gammon and the match.

How brutal does it get?

Messages In This Thread

Match to 9, White leads 8 to 6
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure
Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.