[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM - long sploosh

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 1 February 2007, at 7:03 a.m.

Match to 25, White leads 12 to 10
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 8/2.

Stick moves 13/7. This may look like a 'next' on the surface but be sure not to overlook 8/3* 8/7. This keeps a 4 prime and tries to knock you off the edge of my prime. The drawback of 13/7 despite it making a nice 5 prime is that once you throw a 6 my 5 prime becomes nothing but a show wife. If I had another spare to cover when I hit loose that wouldn't break my 4 prime I would probably hit, since I don't I choose to make the 5 prime and hope you don't escape. Rollout to come.

Readers move 7/4 6/4.

Why are all my plays tough decisions and all you get are nexts? lol First thing here I decide here is what is the best non hitting play. It's obvious to me that 11/7 is probably best. It leaves me with the best possible outfield coverage for your escaping sixes by keeping my last man as far back as possible. Now I need to decide if I want to shift & hit.

If I do shift 4/3*(2) my last two aces I think are clear again with 11/9. I'm not making the 10 pt, that would serve no purpose, so if I need to move 11/10 which does point my attacker towards the new hole on my 4 pt. I realize that it gives me sixes to attack with that checker on my 4 pt. should you happen to come in. I desperately need sixes on the other side of the board, so the last ace I should continue to give myself good fives while also leaving my back checker as far back as possible for later coverage.

The downside of hitting is obvious. I gap my 5 prime and now if you enter with a 4 I'll be forced to attack, if I can, whether I want to or not, because you'll be threatening to escape with both 5s & 6s. The upside though outweighs the downside I believe. First of all, you could fan. You fan 1 out of 4 times and that would be good for me. After that there's entering on the ace or two points. Again, good for me. You'll start cracking your structure a little bit and if I get lucky you'll never get out (I'll throw a six to keep my timing). Weighing everything in I think hitting outweighs the passive non-hit. Stick moves 11/9 4/3*(2)

Readers move bar/23 5/2

I consider the fancy 9/6 13/12 because again, the 5 prime doesn't serve much purpose. I'd rather have builders for when you step up to the 4 pt. The 5 prime provides just as many builders should you step up as the smooth looking play. It also cuts off completely 5-2 as a good roll/joker and leaves you with only 6-2 to escape. Stick plays the bland looking 13/9

Readers move 10/6 10/4

Stick moves 22/15. Woo hoo!

Readers move 8/4 8/2

This play stems from what I mentioned before. I want builders to make the 4 pt. or attack on the 4 pt. if you step up. Now I also have outfield coverage with my spare pointing at the perfect spot (the back of my prime). Breaking the back of the prime has to be better than the fugly looking 15/9. Stick moves 9/7 9/5.

Readers move 23/21 4/1

Clear is hitting with the ace. I can't let you escape, not without a fight. Is the 6 clear? Abofuckinlutely. Breaking anchor here is suicidal in case you hit me back. Playing the outfield checker also brings another cover into play. Stick moves 15/9 5/4*.

Readers move bar/23 2/1

White on roll. Cube Action?

The only question here is "am I too good"? After checking out how a few of my numbers play it's obvious the answer is "no way". 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 6-5, 4-4, 3-3, that's all I need to see...to many numbers don't do it, esp. if when I do cover cleanly all I have is one guy trapped and you most likely have all your men in your home board, my gammon chances aren't that great to begin with. Stick doubles Readers pass.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.