[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 5 February 2007, at 8:20 a.m.

Match to 25, White leads 14 to 10
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

I doubled before this roll, you took. Stick moves 13/10 11/10.

Readers move 21/14*

Stick moves bar/16. The only other option is bar/21 10/5 which adds another builder to try to roll my prime forward. I don't particularly care for it though, I'd rather have the outfield presence, threatening to hit your blot either directly if you can't safety it, indirectly if you do hit it and are forced to leave something in the outfield. I don't like stacking 3 on the 4 pt. either.

Readers move 24/22 14/8.

Stick moves 8/3* 7/3. Swinging around with 16/7 is too passive esp. since I've already turned the cube, your checker is threatening to escape, and I'm down in the race. Break that prime it's attack time!

Readers move bar/16. There's nothing else, you certainly can't sit on my 4 pt. and let me squash you.

Fight your first instinct on this play! First play I saw was safetying my checker, pushing it around 16/10 then slotting my 4 pt. While not a terrible play it takes all the pressure off your outfield blot. It will allow you to just hop over my two checkers on the 15 pt. and not actually get the checker to safety but relative safety. If I leave my outfield presence there then you must safety the checker or I get a direct. I'm down in the race and should seek contact. I can't slot points in order because the shot is coming now. Stick moves 8/2 6/2.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.