[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Getting rid of $1,000,000 of marked money (OT)

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Monday, 4 August 2008, at 11:00 p.m.

I've thought about this scenario a bit without a good answer. It was inspired by a forgettable Hollywood flick. I'm going to construct a scenario -- the plausibility might be out there, but let's go with it.

You illicitly stumble upon $1,000,000 in US currency, perhaps by theft, perhaps by other means. The money is marked, in the sense that the FBI or Big Brother or whomever has a record of all the serial numbers. Because it is illegal for you to possess or spend the money, you need to spend it in such a way that BB won't find you.

If you spend just one bill, you'll probably get away with it. By the time that bill reaches BB, there's no way to trace it. But the more you spend C notes, the better the chance that somebody will find out... or is there?

For example, if you could magically exchange the million for a million in $20 bills, your problem is solved -- now you can spend the million with the $20 bills without anybody being any the wiser.

Actually, the reason I'm asking is that I'd like to be prepared in case I stumble upon a suitcase of cash out in the desert as I'm walking my dogs. :)

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.