[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Suspicious Play65 Participant?

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Friday, 22 August 2008, at 2:50 a.m.

I just played an interesting match on Play65. It was a nine point match which lasted nine games -- 283 moves -- so, a match of decent length.

Despite the 'fast' setting, the opponent, French flag with the name 'hgrezuio', took considerable time on some moves -- a real red flag in my book. The guy has an extremely high rating on Play65 -- was 1878 going into the match.

Snowie 3-ply analysis of the match shows he played the checkers at 1.008. I think he was using a bot.

However, what was somewhat amusing, and ultimately fatal for him in the match, was when leading 2-away, 3-away he gave me a cube when in a 51% favorite position -- and it was not an odd, misleading, position (shown below). Hell, I should have already cubed him. I took the cube and whipped it back at him, and then won a race for the match.

I can't imagine someone good enough and experienced enough to play the checkers at 1.008 can make this kind of cube error. I'll be very careful of him in the future.

Match to 9, White leads 7 to 6
White on roll. Cube Action?
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.