[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BARRED FROM FLORIDA

Posted By: Elayne Feinstein
Date: Tuesday, 2 September 2008, at 2:44 p.m.

I would like to tell my side of the story. At the dinner table on Sunday night in Florida after the tournament was over, Ray announced that he would not pay for my dinner since I don't pay my staff. I sent him an email the next day and asked him why he would say such a thing in front of everyone at the table. My question is..what business is it of his if or what I pay my staff? He replied criticizing everything he could think of....me, my tournament, my staff, etc. etc. It was at this time that I said I hoped he would never again choose to attend a tournament of which I was a director. As far as his buying my dinner, I have never been to a dinner with him at which I was not invited and told that he was treating me. I was so disgusted with him for throwing this in my face that I told him to let me know what he thought I owed him and he would be paid,and his reply was "Forget it, since the money means so much to you." There are many more details to this story which I'm not going to get into. I work very hard putting a tournament together and hope that everyone has a good time, win or lose. Regarding the posting of the finals matches, it was not forced on anyone but I thought if both players were available and wanted to play, they could. I didn't realize it would start a world war. Sometimes people have planes to catch and I thought maybe this would work for SOME people but apparently it didn't work for Coolrey. Regardless of what Coolrey thinks, I am not confused and am always open to constructive criticism. The main problem which I am facing, and which I have noticed at other tournaments, is getting rounds started in a timely fashion and every effort will be made in the future to get this corrected.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.