[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Studying matches with GNU..my settings

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Saturday, 13 September 2008, at 9:39 p.m.

Recently I have been studying some online matches with GNU since it is quite certain that it better than Snowie 4 for match play, somewhat due to Snowie's lack of look ahead according to match score.

Anyhow my settings are as follows for match analysis. 3 ply play since it is in general superior to 2 ply checker play and doesn't take too long. My move filter for 3 ply was changed to keep the fist 12 zero ply moves within .16 and keep the first 4 two ply moves within .06. Cube evaluations are done using 2 ply as 3 ply cube, in general is not better.

Sometimes, due to odd ply effects there are plays listed whose 2 ply evals show then to be better than the winning 3 ply play. However, these plays were, when all evaluated at 2 ply worse than -.06 hence they don't make into in my enlarged filter for 3 ply. In no case when I clicked on any of the 2 ply plays, have they ended up still better than 3 ply winner. Also, this has no effect on ER. I am concerned about ER (Snowie equiv) since I want to know how well I am playing and note that I play very quickly online in general, as long as my opp is, unless it is a really important match. Thus, I am practicing my B game or maybe B+ game.

A changed a doubtful move to be -.030 (just like what Snowie calls an error) and a bad move is now -.060 (ie bag of fries) while very bad is -.100...(ie Whopper and if I make a Whopper I consider it to be very bad)

I do feel that with GNU 3 ply checker play 2 ply cube I am getting a more accurate analysis of the match than with Snowie 4's 3 ply precise.

... neilkaz ...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.