[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

More to do in Colorado

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Wednesday, 1 October 2008, at 9:49 p.m.

I always like to include a little vacationing and/or sightseeing around tourneys when I can. Denver is one of the best to do so.

Last year we went up to Estes Park in Rocky Mountain National Park and hiked for a few days.

This year we're at Cripple Creek and doing day trips from there while staying in a B&B that is a conversion of the original high school built in 1896. It is absolutely stunning.

Monday we went down to Canon City and took the train trip back/forth through the Royal Gorge. Fairly stunning.

Yesterday we toured a gold mine 1000' underground and enjoyed a three hour horseride through the terrain and a sea of golden aspens.

Today we rode mountain bikes down from the peak of Pike's Peak -- 20 miles and 6,500' elevation drop. Almost all downhill (two small climbs). Stunningly beautiful. Easy enough -- since you're coasting and riding the brakes almost the entire time -- that there was even a 70+ year old couple in our group. Most enjoyable.

Think about it next year.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.