[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Peoria's Calcutta

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 19 October 2008, at 7:35 a.m.

At the Peoria tournament the calcutta was done a little differently. For those of you who weren't there and haven't heard let me simplify so you can put in your two cents.

There were 45 players in the Championship division and they were divided into two groups, Group A which contained the strongest players, and Group B which contained the rest of the field. I do not know how they chose who would be in Group A, perhaps Linda or David will answer this. Overall the players in Group A were fine, though I personally would have switched out a few for players in Group B, but nobody would completely agree on how the playes should be divided and overall it was a fair split I believe. I would post the players from both fields but I no longer have the calcutta sheet.

So anyway, you have 15 players in Group A and 30 players in Group B. Every bid is a blind bid where the winner of the bid gets to choose one person from Group A and two people from Group B and that will be their calcutta team.

I enjoyed it and I'm guessing it brought in more calcutta money than a normal calcutta would have but someone else probably has better figures on that than I do.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.