[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

GNUBG and virus protection

Posted By: Ilia Guzei
Date: Saturday, 25 October 2008, at 11:36 a.m.

Windows XP Pro. Last night I installed the latest Microsoft updates and this morning the computer informed me that it had to rename one file in "C:\Program" to run well after I logged in. I refused and then my Windows Firewall was turned off (and would not turn on - option disabled) and Symantec Endpoint Protection indicated an unfixable problem with real time protection. Reboot - the same thing. The last thing I did on my computer was generating an html-image directory with GNUBG to facilitate html file export. Sigh. I uninstalled GNUBG and life became good, all windows security option became enabled and I was "allowed" to download the latest security updates from the Symantec site. A short while ago my computer got infected after I had experimented with GNUBG and image exporting and I am reasonably sure that there is some bizarre file naming conflict when new html-images directory is generated in a non-default location. I may be wrong but I definitely see cause and effect here.

Ilia

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.