[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Clocks and doubles

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Sunday, 26 October 2008, at 11:58 p.m.

I may be quoted here.

I am sick and tired of being tortured in doubles play by rediculously slow play from my opps who take 3 minutes discussing how to reply to an opening 42 for example. I am also sick and tired of finishing a reasonably complicated early round doubles match in 1.5 hours and then weighting another hour or more while slow & slower play slowest and braindead who take 2 minutes discussing whether to bear a checker off the ace pt in a race.

Hence forward, I will ALMOST NEVER play in a Friday night ABT event doubles unless EVERY match is clocked. No longer will I have to play a 2.75 hour 7 pt match starting at 11 PM and then have someone ask me around noon on Saturday "why weren't you at the Calcutta again ?".

Will I play doubles in LA ? Most likely since it starts Sunday about noon and unless I am in the money in the main T, I will be free to play and it won't keep me up too late since I usually stay over Sun night in LA. Will I play masters in LA ? Most likely since I can insist upon a clock (right ?) and Patrick has plenty of them. Will I play doubles anywhere else next year ? Almost certainly not, unless it is clocked, or perhaps a real long weekend with little chance for conflict.

If we clock doubles at 2.5/18 we have more than ample time for discussion and we'll minimize the chances of a 3.25 hour 7 pt match while not overly hurrying the players. Perhaps doubles can be 2/18 or even 2/15 but lets start with 2.5/18.

Anyhow..announcing my BOYCOTT of Fri night doubles at normal weekend ABT events unless EVERY match is clocked. Doubles is often only 16 teams...how hard can it be to come up with 8 clocks ?

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.