[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

First Vegas Update

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 14 November 2008, at 12:13 p.m.

First of all, the field while around the same size as last year seems to me as a bit more variety. Many players I'd never before met. The calcutta was broken up into 8 teams consisting of 2 players and 17 teams consisting mostly of 5 players. (four 4 player teams)

I was paired with some uberfish, Nack Ballard. The other two player fields are:

1. Mike Corbett
  2. Petko Kostadinov

1. Malcolm Davis
  2. Walter Trice

1. Ray Fogerlund
  2. John O'Hagan

1. Falafel
  2. Richard Munitz

1. Ed O'Laughlin
  2. Hugh Sconyers

1. Kit Woolsey
  2. Rick Barabino

1. Mike Senkiewicz
  2. Bill Robertie

I think how the calcutta was decided to be auctioned off was a poor choice and probably cost them a fair chunk of money. For the Open Division the bidding was made in multiples of $100 starting at $400. I think one or two fields may have went for $700 but after that it quickly dribbled down to 6 bills, then 5 bills, then the first person to raise their hand won the bid. It even got so bad they dropped the bidding to $300 at which point I was the first to raise my hand and bought a 5 player & a 4 player field for $300.

In my fields which I got at the coupon price of 3 benjis are David Rockwell, Al Hodis, Jason Lee, Tammy Jones, and some others I'm not familiar with.

I am also playing doubles with MCG, we've won two matches already, and the bracket filled to a field of 32 meaning we're in the round of 8 and I haven't rolled a game yet.

I entered the Open Jackpot (not Masters because I was too drunk and tired), I've played one match against David Rockwell and rolled out of my mind for the win.

I also had one match in the Open where I was down 11-1 and then 13-3 to 15 and came back to win. I have a shit ton of positions to post when I get the time. Now I'm collecting them and rolling them out though. I'm sure MCG will ahve lots of positions too since he's attempting to record his matches. (the damn tripod is beating him so far though)

I won't update til tomorrow night when there's been some more real progress in the events what's going on overall.

Also, I will write a likely short but separate post when I get the time about how the clock meeting of the minds went.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.