[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poker - How to drop 4k in less than 4 mins.

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 15 March 2007, at 6:07 a.m.

Hand #1
Since we started talking a little bit of poker and since I played a little tonight I thought I'd share how to drop a bucket of money in a short period of time. Hand #1 is actually my first hand at the table. Since it is my first hand there's no way I'd fold any BB to a single raise. [esp. to the SB] The SB does raise me, which he could be on anything from 34 suited to AA, can't put him on a hand, so if I get any part of the flop I'm raising. The flop is a nice airball and I raise. He calls, which I don't like to see, but he could be on a weak ace I can push him off on the turn, esp. if a scare card comes. No help for me on the turn but I still have to bet it. He calls and now I know I need help. He is definitely on something, I'm hoping AT or AQ. The river comes a decent scare card, having completed both str8 & flush draws I may have been on. Since he checked and the only chance I have at winning the pot is to bet it I bet. Unfortunately he had a real hand, hand #1 down. No mistakes here, I'd play it exactly the same way again.

Hand #2
I fold one hand inbetween the 1st hand and this hand and get 9T suited on the button. A raise and a reraise before me you may wonder what the hell I'm doing calling. First of all, I know doulas12 is calling. He likes to play a loooooot of pots and will call with trash like 8T off, or 57 off to normal raises when he's not in the blind. So this puts my odds & implied odds pretty good. Now I have 3 ppl aside from myself in preflop, and this will probably give the BB odds to call too. I won't always call from here with these cards, but it's not a bad move. Everyone called preflop, good news for me.

Flop comes down an airball as far as flushes are concerned and gives me a 4 outer to win all the cash. I know I'm behind now, someone surely has a hand. The question is, is it worth $300 [or $400 as we'll see] for me to try to spike the straight. $1500 preflop, already $700 postflop before it even gets to me, making the pot $2200. I have 4 outs out of the remaining 45 cards (I am ruling out one hand, actually one hand +, not having a jack in it because they're on QQ/KK/AA -- we'll see I was wrong though lol) That means I need to hit 1 out of 10 times to make it worth it. Am I getting 9-1 on my money? With the implied odds I believe so at the time, and decide to cap it hoping to take a free river card if I miss my jack since I have position. A six comes on the turn and I don't get off with a free river. I am committed to chasing now since I picked up a double belly buster straight draw increasing my outs 8 outs. I chase, I whiff ... I fold. I'd probably play that the same, though the cap on the flop is a bit questionable.

Hand #3
This hand explains itself. River call is a tossup. I could have easily folded.

Hand #4
Nasty hand. Preflop I get odds to call easy. 5-1 on my $$$ if I call. The flop is a monster for me and I decide to slowplay it. The turn card isn't the most desirable card but I have no choice but to raise. He 3 bets but I'm still not sold he's on anything better than AK, KQ, KJ, AA so I 3 bet, he caps. Betting out on the river, esp. when the ace came, was dead wrong. When I was raised again I should have folded. All in all I only mucked off an extra $200 with this move (check/call would have been appropriate) but it was still a bad play.

I'm down over 4k after this short spurt of hands. This is when I got realllll serious and within' 30 minutes I was up $500 and quit. I caught a couple more bad beats but kept my head about me and knew it'd all come back. 30 minutes is longer than I ever play any more so I feel like I need a vacation now!

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.