[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

LA Misc.

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Wednesday, 10 December 2008, at 7:10 p.m.

I had good success with clock acceptance -- though I was primarily drawing fellow bgonliners. The Super-32 was clock-mandatory; however, I drew Mark Antranikian and he'll always play with the clock anyway -- drew him in Denver and we used the clock. In the main, where it was clock optional (both players had to agree), I played UBK, Neil, and Chris Knapp with the clock. My other opponents, all CA locals that don't play on the ABT circuit -- other than the LA tourneys refused the clock. They even refused to use it for practice w/o penalty as suggested by Patrick for those unfamiliar with the clock.

Also, nice to see quite a bit of recording going on. Among others Julius High, Justin Nunez, MCG, Jason Lee.

One downside of recording is, of course, seeing your occasional faux pas that you want to beat your head against the wall over. Currently putting in my match against UBK. I don't know if he noticed this and I obviously didn't over the table. I led 6-3/11 and had a 6-6 to play just as interference was breaking. There were a number of options and I studied for a bit. Ended up playing three sixes and a four. Then, of course, lost the race by having one checker left on my ace point!!!! Instead of leading 8-3/11 I only led 6-5/11 on my way to defeat. You have to love it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.