[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vote for Best LA Tourney Bad Beat -- or Nominate your Own

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 15 December 2008, at 11:51 p.m.

My couple of 'bad beats' (aren't all losses bad beats of some degree?) were fairly mild and routine compared to several I saw in LA. By virtue of their oddness, their significance to their match, and their match's significance I nominate and vote for three in the following order. I'm sure I didn't see all.

1) Mark Antranikian vs. Neil Kazaross. Neil has to turn down a recube and Mark takes a 12-10/13 Crawford lead in the Super-32 semifinal. Mark then promptly gets blitz bg'd for the match. Looks like he might escape the bg as Neil has 3 on his ace point, Mark has one on Neil's 4, one on the 5, and one in the air. There is a sliver of hope till he dances with aces. Brutal-plus.

2) Bill Riles vs. Neil Kazaross. Bill leads 1-0/9 when Neil recubes to 4 leading 58-63 pips with a checker off and Bill with one still in his outfield. Bill rolls average while Neil rolls like crap. Neil ends with a checker on his ace while Bill has a checker on his 2 and a checker on his 3. Neil has to take the recube to 8 and Bill doesn't roll a 1. Ouch!! Knocks Neil out of the tourney consolation and leaves him vulnerable to losing the ABT championship on the last weekend. He has to sweat the rest of the weekend over Munitz's, Mabee's, and Koca's performances.

3) Julius High vs. John Rockwell. Julius playing Championship level for the first time trails John 1-8/9 in the consolation. Julius win a bg on the Crawford game and then comes back to win a 2-cube bg in the next game for the match. Super ouch !!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.