[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 20 March 2007, at 5:21 p.m.

Match to 25, White leads 21 to 14
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 22/20*/16. I figured everyone would hit, and everyone would hit the correct checker knowing that I'd much rather make my five pt. than my bar pt.

Stick moves bar/20 13/9*

Readers move bar/23 13/10. Once again I hope I'm not simply wrong or overestimating the Readers, if I am, YELL. Coming in bar/20 I think everyone would agree is too rich, even Mary! Not that me POH is anywhere near the end of the game or world, but why give it to me? If you hang back & I make the 5 pt. you'll certainly get some shots or be able to hop out. Some people hate staying on the 23 pt, seems like such a pain in the ass to get off of, but if you come in on the 22 pt. that means you're either offering up another blot, which isn't good, or playing the ugggggggly 8/6, which is even worse. I next'ed it...hope it was a next.

Stick moves 13/7 6/5. No way I'm doing anything with the ace except slotting the five point. I have four men back already and I'm trying to contain 1 checker with 11. It doesn't hurt if I get another man sent back but it helps immensely if I get away with the slot. Have to put my builders to maximum use.

Readers move 8/4 6/4. You want to move your back man up but it's the same problem as last move. If you do, where do you play the 4? I'm on the next train...smack my hand if I shouldn't be.

Stick moves 13/8 6/5. Get the cute play of making your 4 pt. out of your head. It's essential that I make my points in order or I may not be able to make them at all. The only question for me was after I play 6/5, do I slot the front of the prime or break the midpoint. The slot got thrown out. I have nothing to cover it with without breaking the back of my prime. (and I'm trying to contain you, so that's a baaaaaaaaaad idea) It also lets you move up to the edge of a semi-menacing prime that I have going by hitting in the process. Breaking the midpoint isn't a big deal in this position. There's the duplication of ones which you'd like to use to try to escape your back man. Though also a very minor consideration, you have no spares on your own mid, so if you hit you'll give up your mid and start tossin' blots about. Finally, I leave the back of the prime slotted with covers and also bring another builder to bear on the front of the prime if you move up. Muy importante!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.