[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Intro to Clocks for Newbies in Pittsburgh

Posted By: Rich Munitz
Date: Saturday, 31 January 2009, at 4:29 a.m.

I had a chat with Robert Maier, the Pittsburgh tournament director about clocks. In particular, we discussed the general problem of getting players who have never played with a clock educated and introduced to the experience.

I proposed to him that we actively try to do this at the Pittsburgh event by having any players with clocks that are willing to play short matches (e.g. 2 or 3 points) with a clock against anyone attending that would like to try it. Perhaps this could be announced during the Calcutta and done between the end of the auction and the draw posting. Perhaps a table in the tournament area could be set aside for the entire weekend and people looking to try the clock can show up there and find players with clocks that happen to be free available to explain and play.

Rob seems quite interested in promoting clock usage and is willing to do these kinds of things at his event to help the rollout of clocks gain steam.

I am all in. I will play anyone looking to experience clock play in Pittsburgh when I get the chance and do my part to help educate the community and help to eliminate the fear of the unknown. Who else is on board?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.