[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

US Open Revisted (already)

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 9 February 2009, at 11:52 p.m.

I normally don't look this far ahead for bg events but there was so much information not easily understood I decided to take a look, good thing. Here is the link again in case you need to reference it:

US BG Open in DC

Some Possible Put Offs

• Normally I show up a day early so I can get settled in rather than (for this tournament) drive 7 hours the day of and launch into the masters event. If you want to stay at the hotel Wednesday night the discount rate is not available. The rate for that night alone will be $239 + tax.

• It is not listed that there is a side pool for any of the jackpots

• Taking Chuck's rough figures the rake turns out to be ~12% if you are staying 3 nights at the hotel, 29% if you are not. (Championship division only) I'd say almost all events are 10% and the average is less I believe, while you may find one or two that is 15%, you will also find at least a couple I know of that are 100% return.

• The tournament starts on a Thursday/Friday. I think this will cripple attendance and am not sure why someone tried to pull it off?

• It's possible I'm being petty, but the Pro/Am doubles is also raked 15% with a $300 entry fee. When the entry fees get that high I like to see less rake.

• Muddled on the clock rules (time controls) and what events they're permitted by request of either player

• This was brought up by someone else, forget who, too many posts, but what if 2 Championship level players are staying in the room, do they both get the discount?

Some Possible Put Ons

• Clocks are mandatory at the request of either player.

• The Pro/Am doubles starts on Sunday.

• The watch donated by Alan looks vfn. However, I'd rather have "in case of a tie, a DMP match shall determine the winner".

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.