[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Best value/features digital clock?

Posted By: Dale Kerr
Date: Tuesday, 17 February 2009, at 3:14 p.m.

So it's accepted that 2009 is the "year of the Clock PR Campaign". Having never used a clock, I wanted to see what good value clocks were available and what their features were. $40 seems to be an acceptable price-point, and I found 4 which seem adequate for our collective needs. Can anyone comment on the relative merits of the 4 clocks below? AFAIK they are all capable of our requirements for tournament backgammon.

Excalibur Chess Game Time II ----- Saitek Competition Pro Game Clock III ----- DGT Easy Game Timer PLUS ----- DGT 960 Digital Chess Clock

It seems that most players that do have a clock have the GT2. Is that purely because it's USCF endorsed, or because it's the only one that CJC sells? I have seen some comments against the GT2 that make reference to it not showing reserve time accurate to the second when reserve time is greater than 20 minutes. Surely the clock could do with another digit on each side?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.