[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vote Please -- Next OLM details

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 29 March 2007, at 12:41 p.m.

Since our first OLM may very well be drawing to an end I thought I'd ask upfront about any improvements I could implement. The next OLM I will keep in one file, complete with rollouts. What this means is that rollouts will come a half day/day later because I'll have to wait for the Readers to actually make the move before I can roll it out. I will also be using GNU for all rollouts. It's faster, it's as strong, I use it later in the match anyway for ATS rollouts, if I plan to keep it in one file, I have to pick one bot, so GNU it shall be. I'm keeping it in one file because this time I have so much shit skattered all over the place, rollouts upon rollouts, all separate files, it's a nuisance. Also, if I keep it nice & neat everyone will have a full match, rolled out from beginning to end, to download & study afterwards. [I will not be re-rolling out the first 3 moves of the game, so if you make a move there and 2 ply lets you get away with it, so be it]

There will also be a separate link I will post all the moves on so you can check & keep in the 'flow' of the game/match. Posting the moves that led up to the day's decision was always sort of ... annoying. I thinking having a separate link you can check is better. I will still post the move of the day to be voted on on the forums.

The only thing I need a vote for I guess is the length of the match. I realize 25 points is longer than I'd expected (for an OLM, I still prefer it in RL), even though this one went rather quickly thanks to the ice cubes you've been using in place of dice. So what length match would you prefer? I refuse to play anything shorter than 11 pts., but I'm open to 11-25. Any other suggestions/improvements that come to mind be sure to let me know, can't fix it if I don't know it's broke.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.