[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Dana Has the Sequence

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 23 March 2009, at 8:08 p.m.

Someone who has Dana Nazarian's e-mail address should ask him for the last 20-30 move sequence of the last game of the Adam Bennett/Steve Sax Championship semifinal match from Chicago -- and then post the sequence here. Dana took several pictures and was able to reconstruct an initial position and all the subsequent rolls and plays. It was a truly incredible sequence of huge equity swings, great rolls, bad rolls, great imaginative plays, a couple of oversights, and ongoing (every roll seemingly) critical cube decisions. Adam was holding the 2-cube at something like 3-away,4-away or 4-away,4-away, I don't recall the score precisely -- Adam, help me out here. Steve was originally in a commanding position but a critical 1-1 from the bar by Adam and Steve dancing on a two-point board set it all in motion. Adam was continually on the cusp between a recube and it being too good. Steve's potential retake varied roll-by-roll. Steve desperately wanted to win (not that he ever doesn't) to have a chance at winning both the Championship and the Crystal Beaver. He was grinding every play even moreso than his normal intensity.

We need to get that sequence from Dana. Everyone would enjoy, and learn.

I reviewed it with Dana and there must have been 15 plays/cube decisions that he didn't agree with the GNU analyses. And, with a few exceptions, Adam's and Steve's plays were confirmed.

Congratulations to both of them.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.