[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Next OLM rules

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 2 April 2007, at 8:56 a.m.

I think 25 pts. is too long for an OLM. Chuck mentioned 17, and that is realistically (and unfortunately), the longest match length most people will ever play in a live tournament in their lifetime. I think that's the most we should play to from now on. Chase mentioned 5 pt. matches and the reasoning behind it was sound. I feel 5 is too short though, there are some match based cube decisions being left out, and I think 7 is the shortest I'll play to. So we've narrowed to between 7-17, is that getting somewhere? lol

The voting ends basically when I get on and post the next day's match decision. Anything up til that time will be taken into account so I see no real need to post voting over anywhere, it's over if there's a new day to vote on!? My schedule rotates a lot, so sometimes it's when I wake up, sometimes when I'm going to sleep, sometimes after my Da Vinci~esque nap, but there is always plenty of time (almost a full day) for people to get on and vote.

I will have a separate page you can visit, http://www.bgonline.org/olm.html , where I will put in all the moves. This is not perfect either and will be a work in progress. I'm not sure if I'll add frames to make it easier to navigate through the games or what, I haven't messed around with it yet, so if you see something wrong let me know. I know that after we get a few moves in it'll be annoying to scroll down every time you visit it, so I'll have to do something about it. This way though you can marvel at my dice every day. At the top of the forums there will also be a link to the OLM which you can simply click on to see the moves. I will neaten things up a bit later, but it's there & functioning now.

As I mentioned before, I will be keeping one file and rolling out all non 1st 3 move positions that I don't think are 'nexts'. When we're finished we'll have a nice match w/results fully rolled out to study. Keeping a single file means the rollouts will be up to a day later than they were for the first OLM because I'll have to wait until you've decided on your move to roll it out (I think lol). I will post them though, so unless you're really pressed to get the results, patience..otherwise go ahead & roll it out yourself!

For those of you who caught the beginning of my first OLM, I said that if the readers won [please] I'd reward either one or all of them. Thinking about it now, esp. w/the shortening of the matches, if you do happen to luckbox your way into a win, which is near impossible, I will award one person something of significance. I'll draw the person at random, it has to be someone who voted most of the time/participated often. You'll have to give me your home address in most scenarios so be afraid, be very afraid. I may give you the choice of some things or I may have something already picked out, but it'll make it worth someone's while to try to spank my ass.

If you've made it this far, let me tell you how tiebreakers will be decided. Since we still end up in a tie every now & again I plan on taking whatever play Chuck selected and taking the opposite. That should give you the best of it about 90-95% percent of the time. The only time I might change this policy is if I see a big juicy play that I think Mary will con half the people into that I feel is too big and Chuck got right, then we'll take Mary's choice. I think this is completely fair.

That's all I can think of for now, let the games, begin! Our first one will be to 13 points, nice middle of the road number. Not too long, not too short, justtttttttttt right (at least that's what she told me) GLA

Stick

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.