[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Theft at Recent ABT Events

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 6 April 2009, at 1:11 p.m.

I thought for those of you who haven't attended or heard of late there seems to be a bit of snatching going on. Whether this is by a player attending these events or oddly coincidental of bad things happening in a short period of times by outsiders influenced perhaps by the economic struggle we're stuck in, I don't know ... but I do know I won't leave my board/computer/iphone/ipod out of site and even in site I will be sure to have my *stabbing you in the face* arm limbered up.

• Petko had his board stolen a couple tourneys ago.
  • Rod had his camcorder etc... stolen recently.
  • Julius had his computer + camcorder etc... swiped over the weekend in Cleveland during the calcutta!
I'm not sure where the other two incidents happened or if there have possibly been more incidents that I'm unaware of but I thought I'd put out the word. Hopefully if it is an individual he'll swipe something in Vegas not realizing even the cameras have cameras on them.

As for others who may leave their electronic devices lying around, purposely or not, there's a lot of (free) software you can install on your phone or computer where if it is stolen you'd be notified as soon as it came online, given the isp & ip address, and able to ultimately track it down. You could also go the RFID tag route ... if anyone is interested I'll post more on the programs available but it's 9am so off I am.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.