[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Riles vs. Stick in Vegas -- One of My Best Matches Ever and I Lose

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 21 April 2009, at 1:03 a.m.

I was knocked out of the Championship Consolation 11-5 by the Stickster. It was a great match though.

Snowie 3-ply evaluation gives the Stick a 2.09 and yours truly a 3.01. The luckbox was up +9.5 in luck rating.

I escaped one seemingly lock-gammon, on a two-cube, with a well-timed late set of boxes. Stick escaped lock-gammons (or near lock-gammons) three times with well-timed late sets of boxes -- twice on two-cubes. It was that kind of match.

Anyway, I was very pleased with the match -- not the result. Congrats to Stick on a great match -- and overall on a good, profitable weekend as well.

I'll be sending the match to Stick soon for him to massage with rollouts and analyses. I'm sure there are some positions we will both want to post and discuss.

If he's willing/able to post the match for those who wish to review I have no problem with that. In retrospect, there are only a couple of plays I'd like to have back.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.