[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Please, cure this disease

Posted By: Klaus Evers
Date: Thursday, 23 April 2009, at 5:42 a.m.

One of my biggest problems is: overlooking a good candidate move. Kit already wrote an article about it. The biggest errors come from not looking at the right candidate at all.

Well, I can learn cube reference positions, or learn to stay on my anchor when I am behind in the race.

But, please tell me, what can I do against these occasional lacks of concentration?

Here is the whopper from one of my latest matches:

The score (after 8 games) is: Hardy_whv 4, You 5 (match to 7 points)

Move number 54: You to play 12

Hardy_whv88

'2X '3X5X4X ' ' ' ' ' '

2O1X3O2O ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

You19

Position ID: 5r4HABBzAwAAAA Match ID: cInoAEAAKAAA

My overall idea here, during bearoff, was not to get hit or leave a shot. I tried to clear the 4, but that didn't work. 4/2*/1... blot.

4/2*, 4/3... blot

2/1/off save. right.

The whole process took 2 sec at most. I just never looked at playing the ace first. That's maybe because on my fibs client, the higher die is always displayed left, the other one right. So I use to move the higher die first.

Second problem was his last roll: 66, which made a nice escape from my 2pt. And that roll gave me a big disappointment, thus probably affecting my concentration on this move 21.

Any ideas how to fight these flaws in my game? Play much more BG overall? Don't play when tired? Take at least 10 sec on every move?

Thanks for your support!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.