[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Rarest of the Rare in BG -- The Triple Double

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Sunday, 26 April 2009, at 5:36 a.m.

Sometimes I wonder how we maintain our sanity and our composure in backgammon.

I lost a match in Las Vegas that I came away thinking was one of the most ridiculous in my life. As I packed my camera and board and left the room, several acquaintances made comments to my appearance and demeanor -- I was ready to kill.

Well, now I'm entering it into Snowie from the video recording. It was even worse than I remembered.

I'm only six games into the match in recording, trailing 3-5/15. As I recall, I eventually led 8-7/15 and then never saw another roll to lose 8-15.

But this guy would make Kobe Bryant blush. He has the rare Triple Double going through six games. Checker play 12.2, cube play 11.9, and luck rating +16.7.

Ed O'Laughlin did relate to me a year or so ago how he hadn't gotten crushed in a match in Paris to a guy who put up a Snowie ER of 27, but I have faith this guy may rival that (after all, he is at 24.1) before the match is finished.

God knows I'm far from the greatest player, but come on, give me a break.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.