[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's cube decision

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 24 November 2006, at 9:49 a.m.

I have a 4-1 to play here and it annoyed me for about 45 seconds. Most of the plays I saw at first glance left a poor ace to be played. Since 24/23 was out because of how inflexible it was, I kept searching and then decided the only play left really is 23/18. My back men aren't at great risk since they're on the ace & deuce points so when I'm hit I should be able to come out of it with some sort of anchor. Stick plays 23/18.

Match to 25, tied at 0
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Here you have a 6-3 to play and there's really nothing but the hit and pick up to the four point unfortunately. After hitting you have no other playable 3, so NEXT! 13/7*/4

Match to 25, tied at 0

To say the least I'll be very interested to see this rollout. Small doubles offer a lot of options and for that reason they're hard to play. This is no exception. As options I see:

• bar/23 24/20 13/11
  • bar/23 24/20 8/6
  • bar/23 24/18
  • bar/23 13/11(3)

The first play I ditched was bar/23 24/20 13/11. I felt it was a little too loose offering up another blot and putting my previous blot on the point you most want to make and will be willing to attack on. You have semi-stackage on your 6 & 8 pts. and would love to smack me around off your five point. If you make your five point you're in great shape this game. [isn't that usually the case? lol]

By that reasoning I also ditched bar/23 24/20 8/6. I simply don't like leaving that blot on the 5 pt.

bar/23 24/18 rectifies the problem of being on your five point and strives for an outfield anchor. You'll be hesitant to hit with sixes because it would cost you your midpoint. I could easily be talked into this play by a doubles partner.

My play is bar/23 13/11(3). This is a play I'm not sure if everyone would see, and even if they did would they seriously consider it? I could be making a huge error or a decent play here, only the rollout will tell, but either way...I like it. It stays out of harms way completely with my back men. There will be plenty of escaping or anchor making numbers for them if they just stay there. Also, you have to play. You may be forced to leave shots by breaking your midpoint or finally splitting your back men. My play puts maximum pressure on my own five point and doesn't really lost that much outfield control.

Match to 25, tied at 0

Lucky bastards. Nice roll --- next! 8/5(2)6/3(2)

Match to 25, tied at 0

5-1. I can live with it. I have to pop that back checker to the mid. 24/18

Match to 25, tied at 0

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.