[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

when you are 35 points up or down in a chouette...

Posted By: Klaus Evers
Date: Saturday, 30 May 2009, at 12:44 p.m.

Reading the thread of not getting paid, I wonder how you handle your chouette in your town or state where you live.

I think there are many different rules in chouettes, and this may also be true when it comes to paying out.

In Germany it is absolutely normal (from what I observed) that the player who is at least 10 points down (with 5, 10 or 20 Euros per point) does pay 10 points immediately, even when all the players know each other for years. This is no hassle or loss of time in any way and is usually done as quick as the checkers are set up for the next game.

It gives the losing player a small break to consider whether he is willing to go on playing (cover future losses) and protects the winning players from not getting paid.

I have no experience how these things are handled in other countries or the US in general; and probably it is even handled different in each local chouette one might run into.

But when it comes to players you never met before, I am even more surprised that you allow a situation where this stranger may be well down to 20, 30 or 35 points.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.