[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Othello Quiz!

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 25 November 2006, at 1:58 p.m.

Since the Japan open recently ended we can have another look at an interesting set of problems. So you don't get too discouraged when trying to figure out the right play know that the average score out of 10 when people took this live was 3.7. That's 3.7 correct out of 10!? The 3 ppl who scored the highest had 8 correct, the only known to everyone is probably Paul Weaver. [the Weaver/Ballard opening moves tome will hopefully come out soon < /fingers crossed >.

I took the quiz online but since I read about one of the problems in the Flint Newsletter I could only take 9 of them, and I got 6 right out of 9 ... I'll be going over the problems the next 10 days and posting better rollouts than the ones that were performed to obtain the answers. I'll also give you the link at the end of it. (I'd rather you wait, though you may already know where to find it, and if not google would tell you lol)

Anyway, problem #1 I wasn't a fan of at all because the position shouldn't happen. I looked at it and immediately thought "What the hell is Blue rolling for? It was a double/pass." Here it is:

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 124
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 133
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=--BbbBBBBA--A---A--cBbbbb-:0:0:1:66:0:0:3:0:10
Blue to play 66

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.