[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What to do about this what-a-to-do?

Posted By: Mike Main
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2009, at 9:44 a.m.

In Response To: What to do about this what-a-to-do? (Chuck Bower)

re: Are you kidding? You got us all riled up over a hypothetical?

I initially did this as one of my little self-given exercises to examine what I, as a T.D, would if such an occurrence happened. I do quite a few of these on the basis that it is probably better for me to have some self-given guidelines before an occurrence happens rather than have to think entirely on my toes when such an occurrence happens. A sort of forewarned is forearmed. I’m sorry if you, or anybody else, presumed that it was a real occurrence; I gave no indication that it was.

What this does do highlights that fact that our rules do not cover all bases; that the job of a T.D. is often to be subjective about a situation. Ask a dozen T.Ds this same question and it’s possible to get a dozen (ok, a slight exaggeration) different answers.

The only one clear way past this particular problem that I can see is, as some have already suggested, is that this match (the final a huge live play tournament that carries an enormous prize fund) should have been played on a clock. Had that happened this “occurrence” would not be possible.

Thanx to all for your comments posted. Must dash - it's Monte Carlo or bust time now.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.