[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

41$-?? correctly nactated?

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Friday, 17 July 2009, at 12:31 a.m.

In Response To: 41$-?? correctly nactated? (Tad Bright)

I'm going to respond to the nacation question only. I doubt I would agree with all of the play recommendations made here.

The first thing you need to do is to capitalize the letters you use. Small case is sometimes used as a variant symbol. If you use small case letters, you may confuse an experienced nactatee.

I won't comment on the responses which appear to have the correct nactation.

21 use $ (Slot) instead of D (Down). Down with a 21 would be 13-10.

22 this is one of the times you would use a lower case letter. X is split and hit which isn't what you are doing here. Instead use a small case "e" for Each. You make half of your move in each inner board. E would be 24-22(2), 6-4(2). The small case e recognizes that you are hitting (which is hopefully obvious) rather than switching points.

43 at GG - you might actually argue that D is correct. The hit is assumed and you play the rest of the roll down. H (Hit) could also be used. H has the convention that the second checker is played down off of the midpoint. But, best is probably S which defines the move perfectly.

44 Hitting two is K (Kill) not H. So, you don't want to use H. But, you can't use K for both move choices. So, you need to do something else. I think that hitting two and then playing 8-4(2) would be "4". The double hit is assumed. You won't find "4" in the current nactation tutorial. Your use of D is correct. After the assumed double hit, you play the other two moves down.

54 H (Hit) is adequate. But, S is probably better as mentioned for 43.G above. I have actually always used H here. I'm trying to break the habit now.

The rest looks good. Nice job!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.