[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What would be really useful or nice?

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 20 July 2009, at 7:33 p.m.

• 1. A tutorial on how to manually enter a match into Snowie and GNU.
  • 2. Archives of recorded matches - a centralized database somewhere, where if both players agreed to make it publicly accessible, then it can be made available for download.
  • 3. (a) Some kind of automation tool for GNU to track your matches and error rates - something thats perhaps a little easier to use, and more functional than the built in one.
  • 3. (b) Some database reporting extender - something to track over time how your ER is moving, and according to milestones too. e.g. 'Re-read Magriel', so you can see what happened to your error rates between these milestones.
  • 4. Some clever OCR software to read recorded matches (video) and create an output text file in snowie or gnu format, eliminating the need to enter a match after its recorded live. Something that requires minimal user input would be best.
  • 5. An online chouette scoring website thats fully configurable for your own set of rules, and works offline too.
  • 6. Some fixed criteria for Giants of BG voting. I see far too many players in that list who shouldnt be there. (opinion!)
  • I am sure I could think of many more, but really. I just wanted to post this list in case anyone has already done any of these things, and would be willing to share. Honestly, I would be willing to pay for some of these things too - I am pretty sure that if enough people were willing to pay for one of these, then someone would go out and do it.

Perhaps an additional item should be here too:

7. An online backgammon wishlist that is fully updated regularly, with people willing to volunteer their time to doing the wishlist items.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
    Your E-Mail Address:
    Subject:
    If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.