[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

No bashing, but ...

Posted By: joe freedman
Date: Sunday, 26 July 2009, at 1:26 a.m.

In Response To: No bashing, but ... (Rich Munitz)

I'm confident that another Sept 11-style attack will not happen. For one thing, the cockpits have been secured. For another, there are armed marshals on most flights into and out of DC and NYC. Finally, the pilots, crew and passengers will not allow another plane to be taken over. That doesn't rule out other types of terrorist acts, of course, although there are much softer targets than airplanes. These targets, especially schools, are indeed attacked fairly frequently, although not by Muslim terrorists, and of course on a smaller scale. E.g., Va. Tech., Colombine, etc. Many more American lives would be saved by effective gun control than by all this faux "security".

For some reason, it is politically acceptable to disregard many constitutional rights, such as freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, freedom of speech, and right to privacy, in the name of Security, but not to keep assault weapons out of the hands of any maniac or idiot who wants one.

I was about a mile from the Pentagon when it was hit, and work 1/2 mile from the White House, and live only a couple miles away, in the heart of ground zero. So, I'm all in favor of measures to combat acts of mass terrorism, but sensible measures, not PR.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.