[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Some horrible plays of mine Part 3 of Infinity

Posted By: Rich Munitz
Date: Saturday, 8 August 2009, at 6:10 a.m.

In Response To: Some horrible plays of mine Part 3 of Infinity (Stick)

Nice problem. Over the board my impulse reaction is to play 23,10. But that's too obvious, so can 24/20 be right? You're certainly really happy when it works. 6s are generally awful for white, and any loose hit that gets hit back is really bad for white too. What about the rest of the time? Well most of the rest of the time, you're getting pointed on and that's not good. But what if your checker wasn't there? White is still making the 5 point with all the same rolls - and that's not good either. In fact, white is forced to make the 5 point on 11 and 22 instead of being able to advance his anchor. Is it really that much worse to be on the roof? Not so much and it is just so huge when the gambit pays off that it ought to compensate. In spite of the classification as "horrible", I feel like both of these plays are close.

24/20

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.