[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Talk about a Small World

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 10 September 2009, at 4:37 a.m.

Our chouette was set to start at 12:30 today at Starbucks. As usual, I got there a little early, found a table outside, and sat down to eat and read up on my backgammon....right now I am reading New Ideas by Hal and Kit.

There were three young ladies at the next table, and I overhead one say, "I'm off to Stockholm to meet my brother who will be playing in a big backgammon tournament there, and then he goes on to Prague."

I said, "Excuse me, but I am a backgammon player" (I showed them my board and I was wearing a hat that said "CSI Backgammon). "May I ask who your brother is?"

Turns out it was Louise Bauer, Gary Bauer's sister, visiting Chicago from her home in New York!

She sat down at the only Starbuck's in Chicago where there is a backgammon game every day, and sat down next to the only backgammon player around, and talked about her backgammon playing brother just as I sat down.

She insisted we take a picture together and she sent it to Gary, then she called Gary on her cell phone and I wished him luck in his travels.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.