[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giant 32 Criteria

Posted By: Perry Gartner
Date: Saturday, 12 September 2009, at 11:17 a.m.

The rules for this balloting are solely at the discretion of Yamin Yamin who established this balloting many years ago. It's very close to where ballots are being sent out I understand. There are a number of changes I would like to see in the rules but at the 11th hour, I am listing 4 that I hope garners enough immediate support from BGonline forum readers to convince Yamin to change the rules for this ballot.

Here is the wording of the current rules: Here is your chance to vote for todays Top 32 active backgammon players in the world based upon their tournament skill and side play. To be eligible you must be a tournament director at the regional, national or international level, or an Open/Championship level player. Other selected players from around the world, including previous winners on the Giant 32 lists, may also vote for the Top 32 players.

Changes I would like to see supported:

1. Eliminate side play from the criteria.

2. Define active as having played in at least one live tournament event in each of the last 2 years, with each of these tournaments having a minimum field of 64 players or three tournament events in each of these years with minimum fields of 32 players.

3. Require voters to have seen all of their choices play, or seen recorded games of these players.

4. Limit the players voting to those that themselves are eligible according to change 2. above.

I hope reader's will respond with a clear yes or no to each of these 4 so this can serve as a petition to Yamin if there is enough support. I don't want to imply I am trying to limit your responses to this with just Yes or No's, but that Yes could make a difference in this year's ballot and time is of the essence.

Perry

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.