[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG roller really seems super strong..and...

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Wednesday, 16 September 2009, at 3:20 a.m.

Noting how well XGR performed on the first 100 Depreli positions...ie better than anything else in MCG's test. I am checking out XG for the next 100 positions.

I have the first 25 done and XGR made a total error of .097 !! All of that being on the 21 checker plays.

Xavier says "XG roller makes a rollout in 1-ply for 3600 games. The first two cube decisions are made in 2-ply. It is truncated after 6 moves (so 6-ply). It truncates to the bearoff database if the cube is dead."

Neil asks does XGR use varience reduction?

Neil points out that those using XG should set the 3 ply search space to huge since XG is superfast anyhow and the default search space failed to pick up the correct play ( I had to put plays 6-10 thru 3 ply manually) whereas huge found it. Options/settings/analysis search interval.

Neil asks under options/settings/analysis ... how much cache should I set for fastest performance?

Neil states that he is quickly becoming of the opinion that use of XGR roller to analyse matches may become the new standard.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.