[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Introducing Dave Shaerf re: backgammon documetary

Posted By: Rod
Date: Thursday, 17 September 2009, at 9:01 a.m.

Dave Shaerf is a NYC backgammon player who has been playing in our meetup since we started it nearly 1.5 years ago. He is putting together a documentary about backgammon for his PhD thesis. I hope you welcome him when he attends Vegas and MD later this year.

Please let him know if you would be willing to speak to him on camera or help out in any other way.

Howard warmly received the request to film Vegas and he is waiting to hear back from Elayne about filming in MD.

All,

My name is Dave Shaerf and I am a filmmaker and backgammon player (and addict!) from New York City. I am a social player and an active member of the backgammon community in New York with an avid love of the game.

Currently I am working on a PhD film thesis from the University of Exeter in the UK. The topic of said film is a proposed one hour long documentary film with Backgammon as the central topic. Essentially, apart from explaining briefly the rules and history of the game, I am interested in interviewing and profiling key players and names within the backgammon world. I am interested in your views on the game, about the game and the future of the game.

Backgammon is a wonderful table sport with a rich history and with a core group of interesting and vibrant characters that should have wider recognition on a global scale: this documentary is ostensibly about raising awareness of the game.

With the backing and warm support of Rod, as well as a host of others within the Backgammon community in New York, I am pleased to say that the documentary is underway. I would be honored if you would allow me some of your time for an interview. I am hoping to come out to Las Vegas for the Open in November. I hope I get the opportunity to meet you there.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best, Dave Shaerf

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.