[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

MET update

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2009, at 3:40 p.m.

As some of you know, I've been working on a new MET for quite a while now. Recently Neil got access to a new computer with a lot of speed and has been assisting with the rollouts as well as review of the work. And, most importantly, he has lit a fire under me since Neil tends to want things done yesterday. And, that has been a very good thing. So, things are now moving much quicker than they had been before Neil joined the project.

We have just received our first important finding. G11 has a discontinuity at 12 away. I have been assuming the dicontinuity had the potential to cause trouble. And, in fact this was one of my principle reasons for starting this project. The new table follows G11 relatively closely until it gets to 12 away, as expected. We now have a take point on the new table for -2 -13. The leader takes at 21.7%. If you check G11, it shows a take point for the leader of 13.2%. So, as suspected, G11 should not be used for cube decisions spanning the 11 - 12 discontinuity. I haven't yet checked how the take point on the new table compares to other tables derived by formula. It would be great if someone else could check on that and post some comparisons.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.