[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rollout volunteers for Bot Comparison please

Posted By: Michael Depreli
Date: Thursday, 1 October 2009, at 11:18 a.m.

I'm looking for volunteers to do rollouts for the Bot comparison please.

To recap:

500 money game session.

To be compared:

BgBlitz 3-ply
ExtremeGammon: XGRoller, 4-ply, 3-ply
GnuBG 4-ply, 3-ply, 2-ply (Pruning OFF)
Snowie 4 3-ply

I'm marking every single move / cube decision where all the above don't agree.
I'm about half way through and I expect there to be ~4500.

The ultimate aim is to have them all rolled out to stat sig levels. Initially I'm doing 1296 trials with gnubg 2-ply World Class default settings or less if jsd 2.33 (98% confidence is reached) minimum trials 720.

Ideally a second set of rollouts from another bot for comparison maybe starting with the largest errors and working backwards.

I've split the sessions in to 10 game blocks which I will send out to volunteers. I have about 20 ready so far
Rather than send out individual positions, I want to keep all rollouts withing the original files so that eventually the sessions themselves can be published online complete with rollouts. If you want to extend any of the rollouts it would be helpful if you did it with the original file.

If you want to help out you'll need to download the latest version of gnubg snapshot 20091001 as this has extra CMark features to make the process easily automated.

The CMark feature within gnubg means you just open the file and select Analyze - Rollout - Match and you're done. Although if you're planning on leaving them running for a long time, I would strongly recommend periodically stopping and saving the file and restarting in case you have a crash etc.

Each 10 game session has average of around 90 rollouts. A rough estimate to complete the whole 10 game session on a fast machine (evals 250,000 per sec) would take about 1 week of cpu time but obviously there's no compulsion to do them all. If you need your cpu time just save the rollouts done and send me back the file and I can pass it on to someone else.

If you can help out please email me.

Thanks Michael

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.