[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Questions for Lurkers

Posted By: W Womack
Date: Sunday, 4 October 2009, at 9:43 p.m.

I am sure there are quite a few people reading this forum that are mainly lurkers (which I usually am). If you are anything like me you love reading this forum because you realize that we have some of the best players in the world posting here and you get to learn some from them. On the other hand you are hesitant to post because 1) you figure your question is not advanced enough to post here or 2) you don't want to intrude in the forum when so many of the participants are "backgammon insiders" and you don't really feel you belong.

Anyway, I was wondering if the lurkers here would have any interest in a forum for those of us that are not among the top players in the world but would like to discuss some of the positions presented here and perhaps feel freer to ask the less advanced questions. I see such a forum as an adjunct to this one for less advanced players, not competition to it. And if we did have such a forum perhaps some of the top players here would drop in occasionally and offer some pointers.

For such a forum to have any value there would need to be enough active participants to make it worth doing. So I guess I really have a couple of questions:

Is there any interest in a forum like that? Or does something like that exist and I just have not found it? How many of us are there that would be interested?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.