[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Somewhat disturbing GNU 4-ply error

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Saturday, 10 October 2009, at 10:16 p.m.

GNU 4-ply said it was a double whopper (close to 0.2 equity) for me to pass its double in the following position:

Money Game
White on roll. Cube action?
gnubg140

tchow156
Position Id: G87gATCYz+ABYA
Match Id: MAEAAAAAAAAA

Over the board, I did notice that compared to the usual opening 55 blitz, I had made my 4-point and GNU had made its 2-point rather than its 3-point; on the other hand GNU had an extra checker down from the midpoint. I figured it was still a pass, but if not, the take would be close. I rolled this one out to confirm that I wasn't hallucinating (a 1296-game supremo rollout said taking would have been a 0.016 error).

Since GNU 2-ply and 4-ply correctly evaluate the usual 55 opening blitz as a pass, I'm a little surprised by this error. Can others confirm it? The implications for the accuracy of GNU 2-ply or 4-ply rollouts is a little disturbing, because it seems that this kind of position isn't that unusual. Do other bots evaluate the position correctly?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.